For an accessible version of this page, click HERE.
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
Visit our page here. We will update as we learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine and Down syndrome.
Visit our Educational Resources page for tips, ideas, and fact sheets to support your students here.
- Learn how to tell the difference between COVID-19, the flu and RSV here.
- The Down Syndrome Medical Interest Group has released guidance on the continued usage of masks for individuals with Down syndrome.
The CDC has information on COVID for individuals with intellectual disabilities and their caregivers.
- We have developed a COVID-19 one pager with helpful information about the virus and tips for staying healthy
- NDSS has produced a COVID-19 and flu factsheet to keep you and your family healthy during flu season and the pandemic
- View NDSS COVID-19 Employment Tips here
- Support self-advocate small businesses here
- Please visit this CDC page for additional information on COVID-19
- View the Portuguese COVID-19 fact sheet here
- Visit the LuMind IDSC COVID-19 and Down Syndrome page
- COVID-19 and Down syndrome Podcast: What you need to know from pediatrician, Dr. Abbie Smith
- Read Kayla’s blog post on Coronavirus: from a self-advocate perspective
- NDSS Joins National Consortium to Create Important COVID-19 & Down Syndrome Resource Press Release
- HHS Coronavirus Resources for Individuals with Autism and other Disabilities
- View the guidance to States/Health Care Providers On Avoiding Disability-Based Discrimination in Accessing COVID19 Treatment
- In case you need to go to the hospital for COVID-19 related symptoms, fill out this form for physicians to help provide you with proper medical treatment (please note: this form is New York State specific, but can be a useful guide if you are in another state).
- OCR Issues Bulletin on Civil Rights Laws and HIPAA Flexibilities That Apply During the COVID-19 Emergency
- Special Olympics has launched School of Strength to help keep you active during quarantine
- Tips for how to help when your loved one with Down syndrome is grieving
- Learn more about COVID-19 Recovery Rebates with the Arc’s helpful fact sheet. Available in English and Spanish
- Our partners at GiGi’s Playhouse NYC are offering FREE virtual programming!
- The Dancing Without Limits team is hosting free virtual dance classes each Saturday from 2PM EDT to 3PM EDT
- Massachusetts General Hospital’s recommendations for re-entering the community
- The Trisomy 21 Research Society, along with many international Down syndrome orgs, have created a survey for caregivers / family members to complete so that we can learn more about how COVID-19 affects people with Down syndrome.If you care for a person with Down syndrome who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has symptoms, we invite you to complete this voluntary survey. The survey data is anonymous.
- Complete the T21RS survey if you care for a person with Down syndrome who is affected with COVID-19
- View the COVID-19 and Down syndrome T21RS Survey Results
- The Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), in coordination with NIH and Operation Warp Speed, has launched a central web portal called Combat COVID (https://combatcovid.hhs.gov/)
- *NEW* Pandemic Hotline for people with IDD, Caregivers
This page was last updated: August 30, 2021