For 40 years, the National Down Syndrome Society has been grateful for generous donors like you who fulfill our mission as the leading human rights organization for all individuals with Down syndrome.
Throughout our 2018 fiscal year, your support has allowed to NDSS to invest over $2.9 million in continuing ongoing services and developing newer programs alike.
- The NDSS National Advocacy & Public Policy Center creates systemic change through legislative advocacy and focuses on issues across the lifespan of an individual with Down syndrome. Our comprehensive legislative agenda is centered around five important areas: Healthcare & Research, Education, Economic Self-Sufficiency, Community Integration and Employment. These priorities have been shaped by self-advocates, families, affiliate leaders and others under the direction of the NDSS Board of Directors.
- The National Inclusive Health and Sports Program promotes health and wellness throughout the Down syndrome community and features the National Buddy Walk® Program, Athlete Ambassador Team, Premier Charity Racing Teams and Our Healthy Community initiative. The National Buddy Walk® Program is the world’s most widely recognized public awareness program for the Down syndrome community and includes more than 300,000 participants and 230 walks across the US and internationally.
- #DSWORKS® Employment Program – established in 2016 encourages businesses, from Main Street to Wall Street, to invest in hiring individuals with Down syndrome. In addition to employment, NDSS works with our #DSWORKS® Corporate & Strategic partners to create meaningful careers for the Down syndrome community, increasing their bottom line and creating a culture of awareness and inclusion. The program is comprised of three key components: employment resources, Federal & State Legislative agenda and Employer Roundtable partnerships.
- Down Syndrome Community Outreach & Support is proud to work with a network of more than 380 local Down syndrome affiliates across the country to provide an array of benefits to help better service the Down syndrome community. NDSS provides the most up-to-date and comprehensive information that addresses the lifespan of individuals with Down syndrome. NDSS also conducts informational webinars, and has annual scholarships programs that provide awards to self-advocates.
- Our Public Awareness initiatives brings positive presentations of Down syndrome to the public, combats stereotypes and ignites a new way for the public to think about people with Down syndrome. NDSS proactively works through various forms of media to promote awareness, acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome.
|Annual Report||FYE 2018||FYE 2017||FYE 2015|
|Audited Financial Statements||FYE 2018||FYE 2017||FYE 2016|
|Form 990||FYE 2018||FYE 2017||FYE 2016|
Please find the Corporate Donors from the year ending March 2015.
Ways to Donate
Your donation allows us to continue the important work we do to promote the value, acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome. Thank you for supporting the NDSS mission!
Learn how you can support NDSS