The mission of the CEO Commission for Disability Employment is to raise awareness of the untapped potential of people with disabilities and work to ensure that people with disabilities achieve and maintain equal access to meaningful employment
The CEO Commission for Disability Employment is also committed to taking the lead in expanding equal employment rights for people with disabilities:
- Eliminating the barriers to equal employment via advocacy, awareness and recruitment of likeminded companies and organizations
- Collaborating to address disability unemployment and underemployment
- Establishing and sharing best practices in integration of diverse hiring
- Identifying new partnerships to source candidates
- Developing innovative problem-solving strategies that meet the demands of the 21st century economy
It will be a source of research and information, actionable steps and advocacy opportunities, so you can easily access, recruit and onboard individuals with disabilities into your organization
- Policy and Advocacy: Creation of a valuable disability employment advocacy resource and engagement with lawmakers on legislation of importance to the CEO Commission for Disability Employment and its members.
- Certification Program: Expand access to specific training on disability inclusive hiring, support and retention through an established disability inclusion certificate program.
- Change Leadership Resource: Development of a clear set of best practices for disability inclusive employment for the business community with additional member-only support.
- Small Business Grant Program: Provide grants to small businesses who demonstrate innovative practices for disability inclusion. These grants highlight those best practices and empowers Commission members to drive change within the small business community.
- CEO Commission Video: Creation of a video highlighting the value of disability inclusive employment and the role of the CEO Commission and its members in leading this societal and business change.
- Inclusive Employment Research Study: Contribute new evidence to support employment for people with disabilities through a research study to inform future development of best practices.