The following are the key objectives of the NDSS DS-AMBASSADOR® Program:
- Strengthen and organize the Down syndrome community’s grassroots advocacy network across the US
- Be more effective on Capitol Hill by building relationships in Washington, DC, with Members of Congress and staff
- Engage more affiliates and advocates to provide valued input and feedback to NDSS
- Encourage more advocates to become active in supporting legislative efforts that are beneficial to the Down syndrome community
- Grow the NDSS DS-AMBASSADOR® Program to 435 participants – one for each congressional district in the US
Participants in the program are crucial to the success of NDSS.