Nominations for 2018
Nominations are accepted in these categories:
- A self-advocate
- An individual leader (this could be an affiliate leader, parent/family member, professional, expert, etc.)
- An NDSS DS-AMBASSADOR®
- A Buddy Walk® group or organization that incorporates advocacy into its event
- A Down syndrome advocacy group or organization
- A state advocacy network
If you wish to nominate an individual and/or group in one of the above categories, please send a brief nomination letter with the following information:
- Your name, e-mail address and telephone number
- Nominee’s e-mail address and mailing address
- Brief summary explaining why this person/organization should receive the award
Nominations for the 2018 awards are due November 20, 2017, and the winners were announced on December 11, 2017. The awards were presented at the Buddy Walk® on Washington on April 10-11, 2018. Please submit applications by e-mail to email@example.com. In the subject line of the email, please include “Champion of Change”.
Recipients of Champion of Change Awards are listed below.