NDSS Family & Friends:
As we close out an incredible 2016, our entire National Down Syndrome Society family wants to take a moment to thank you for your continued dedication and generosity all year long!
As one of our long-standing and incredible supporters, we want you to be the first to know some exciting news – NDSS has a new mission statement along with a new strategic plan and vision for our wonderful organization!
The National Down Syndrome Society is the leading human rights organization for all individuals with Down syndrome.
With our new mission, we will be focused on ensuring our continued success and expanding our programs and services, which include the National Advocacy & Public Policy Center, the National Buddy Walk® Program, Community Outreach and Resources and Public Awareness. Our goal is to magnify NDSS’ footprint across the entire Down syndrome community and to make certain our organization is sustainable for decades to come.
At NDSS, we have a lot to celebrate this year!
- Earned a Four-Star Charity Navigator rating – Exceeded nonprofit industry standards and outperformed most charities
- Launched the first-ever national employment initiative for the Down syndrome community: NDSS #DSWORKS™
- Campaign – which is increasing employment opportunities for individuals with Down syndrome
- Continued the ABLE Act momentum – Passed 48 state ABLE laws; helped launch over 20 state ABLE programs
- Led an international collaboration – “International Voice for Down Syndrome” with the Down Syndrome Society of Saudi Arabia (SAUT)
- Was featured in FoxBusiness.com, Money Magazine, Yahoo, NY Times and many more national media outlets
- Held more than 250 Buddy Walk® events around the world with over 330,000 participants
- And so much more!
Together, we are making a difference in the lives of all individuals with Down syndrome. As 2016 comes to a close, please consider making a gift to support NDSS and our vital mission. Any gift, large or small, helps us provide state-of-the-art, comprehensive programming to individuals with Down syndrome and their families. With your help, we can create a society where people with Down syndrome are treated and valued like everyone else.
From our NDSS family to yours, we wish you the happiest and brightest of holiday seasons. We thank you for teaming up with us to make a difference in the lives of all individuals with Down syndrome each and every day!
Our Deepest Gratitude,
CAPT Robert P. Taishoff USN (ret) Sara Hart Weir, MS
Chairman of the Board President