The mission of the O’Neill Tabani Enrichment Fund is to offer financial assistance to young adults with Down syndrome – 18 and older – who are continuing to enrich their lives by taking classes or enrolling in postsecondary educational programs.
Applications for the 2015 O'Neill Tabani Enrichment Fund are due April 1, 2015.
Download the application here.
each Applicant must:
- Have Down syndrome
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Show intent to enroll in a class or program that will enrich his or her life by helping to develop skills that will lead to employment or independent living, build life skills, or in some other way empower the individual to succeed
- A minimum of ten grants will be awarded in denominations of $1,000, $2,500 and $5,000.
- The grant must be used to pay for the tuition for a course or postsecondary program at a local college, employment training or life skills program, or another institution that offers opportunities for growth.
- The majority of the grant must be for tuition, but some funds can be used to help with books, transportation and other related supplies. In order for the funds to be disbursed, proper documentation (e.g. receipts, bills) will need to be submitted.