Learn how to get a job at the first annual NDSS #DSWORKS® Employment Conference! The conference is a half-day interactive conference, where we will break down the intricacies of looking for and attaining employment. Self-advocates will have the opportunity to work with resume and interview experts, and walk away from the conference one step closer to having a job. Family members, caregivers and employers will participate in discussions with panels of service providers, employers, entrepreneurs and parents, who have successfully navigated the public support system and made employment a reality for people with Down syndrome.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS CONFERENCE?
- Individuals with Down syndrome (age 14 and older) who are preparing for the workforce or are currently employed
- Family members/caregivers
CONFERENCE DATE AND LOCATION:
- Monday, April 3, 2017, from 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM ET
- The Westin Arlington Gateway hotel in Arlington, Virginia
Conveniently, this conference immediately precedes our 2017 NDSS Buddy Walk® on Washington (Tuesday and Wednesday, April 4-5, 2017) at the same venue. Attend both conferences and receive a $10 discount! Details in Cost and Registration section below.
CONFERENCE SESSIONS WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Hands-on training for self-advocates to enhance their job-readiness skills
- Self-advocate panel on being your own self-advocate in the workplace
- Parent and caregiver panel
- Transition information from high school to post-secondary education to becoming employed
- Including skills in IEPs that translate to employment skills
- Technology as an employment resource
The #DSWORKS® Employment Conference will also contain a variety of sessions and resources geared toward family members and caregivers to facilitate the important transition to employment and to help navigate the workforce for the individual with Down syndrome.
For more information, please follow the links below:
For more information, please email NDSS #DSWORKS® Program Manager, Camille Franco, at firstname.lastname@example.org.