“What the Buddy Walk® Means to Me”
Video Submission Guidelines
To celebrate the 20th year of the Buddy Walk®, the National Down Syndrome Society is creating a compilation video and we need you! Everyone has a story of how the Buddy Walk® has touched your life and what it means to you. We want to hear - and share - your story.
The NDSS "What the Buddy Walk® Means to Me" video will be used to help promote the National Buddy Walk® Program on the local and national level. We envision the video being used on the NDSS website and YouTube Channel, in local and national media outreach and on Buddy Walk® and affiliate and websites across the country and around the world.
Things to keep in mind:
- Videos should be less than 2 minutes in length (we are looking for a few sentences that tell your story.)
- No fancy equipment is necessary. Feel free to use your cell phone or tablet to record your story!
- Clear sound is crucial. Please try to shoot in a quiet environment.
- Make sure light is on your face and not behind it (don't sit in front of a bright window.)
- Buddy Walk® shirts are recommended, but not required, in the video.
- Don't be afraid to show your enthusiasm for the Buddy Walk®!
How to Submit Your Video:
- Videos should be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo and marked "Unlisted."
- E-mail link to [email protected] and include "Means To Me Video" and your family name.
- A "What the Buddy Walk® Means to Me" consent form must be included with your submission.
- Submissions will be accepted beginning on March 19, 2014. The deadline to submit a video is April 25, 2014.
- If your video has been included in the “What the Buddy Walk® Means to Me” video, you will be e-mailed the week of May 12th.
- The video will be released in June 2014.