NDSS is currently seeking nominations for its 2015 Champion of Change Advocacy awards. As part of the annual NDSS Buddy Walk® on Washington, we honor those in the Down syndrome community who work tirelessly throughout the year as advocates, leaders and change makers in the area of advocacy for people with Down syndrome.
Each year, we present an NDSS Champion of Change award to:
- A self-advocate
- An individual leader (this could be an affiliate leader, parent/family member, professional, expert etc.)
- An NDSS DS-Ambassador
- A Buddy Walk® group or organization that incorporates advocacy into its event
- A Down syndrome advocacy group or organization
How to Submit a Nomination
Currently, we are requesting nominations for our 2015 awards! If you wish to nominate an individual and/or group, please do the following by November 30, 2014:
- Send a brief nomination letter to NDSS Manager, Grassroots and Development Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following information:
- Your name and contact information
- Nominee’s contact information
- Brief summary explaining why this person/organization should receive the award
Winners will be decided by committee and notified of the award by December 15, 2014. Our Champion of Change awards will be presented at the Buddy Walk® on Washington in Washington, DC on April 14th, 2015.
For more information, please contact NDSS Manager, Grassroots and Development Programs Ginny Sessions at email@example.com