Once again, NDSS will be participating in the #GivingTuesday campaign, which is taking place the day after #CyberMonday on December 3rd. The continued goal of #GivingTuesday is to create an annual giving movement for all charities on this day, and NDSS is pleased to be included for a second year.
Last year on #GivingTuesday our donors represented 20 different states. More than 3,000 people liked the NDSS #GivingTuesday posts and 600 people shared them on the NDSS and NDSS Buddy Walk® Facebook pages.
Additionally, several of our well-known supporters endorsed us on Twitter on #GivingTuesday: Jane Lynch, Nancy O'Dell, Chris Wragge, Rachel Coleman, Imagination Movers, Kelle Hampton, Lisa Graystone and Ceci Elizalde (who also tweeted in Spanish)
This year, we'll be tweeting and posting about #GivingTuesday all day on Tuesday, December 3. If you’d like to join us and our Celebrity Ambassadors in the endorsement of NDSS and a worldwide day of giving back, please share our posts and tweet with our handle.
Here are some sample tweets you can use on #GivingTuesday or in the week leading up to it. Please include @NDSS and #GivingTuesday in your tweet.
- Support @NDSS, one of my favorite charities, by donating $21 today! ndss.kintera.org/GivingTuesday #GivingTuesday
- Support @NDSS and people with Down syndrome by donating $21 today! ndss.kintera.org/GivingTuesday #GivingTuesday
- Promote the value, acceptance and inclusion of people with #Downsyndrome this #GivingTuesday. Donate $21 to @NDSS! ndss.kintera.org/GivingTuesday
- Donate $21 to @NDSS in honor of those with an extra 21st chromosome today for #GivingTuesday! ndss.kintera.org/GivingTuesday#Downsyndrome
- After #BlackFriday and #CyberMonday donate $21 to @NDSS for #GivingTuesday and honor those with an extra chromosome 21! ndss.kintera.org/GivingTuesday
- Tis the season of giving! Support @NDSS, one of my favorite charities, in honor of #GivingTuesday by donating $21! ndss.kintera.org/GivingTuesday